Monday, February 4, 2013

Leaving Home

So although I am not from California, 
and have only been here for about 5-6 months, I have to say that it has become like a home to me. I have lived in many different states and cities, but each place I go definitely becomes a part of me. So in lieu of my departure, me and my friend decided to give Sylmar one last hoorah! 























First, we went to our favorite sushi restaurant near the house. Every Monday-Friday, this place has half off sushi rolls! Besides the great pricing, we always get a good laugh out of the name of the place. Courthouse Sushi!!!!! And their mascot is a fist with a wig and gavel...how could you not love it?! 

The roll pictured here is called the "Vanessa", featuring tempura shrimp inside with spicy crab, avocado, and eel sauce on top. When I usually go there, I always get spicy crab and shrimp but really wanted to try something new. This was quite good and not too overwhelming with tastes. 



















On to one of our other faves!
Next, we walked over the The House of Brews, a local coffee house with lots of cozy character. The first picture shows me stalking the fruit tart from the very beginning :) For drinks, I got a Matte Latte (their supposed version of a green tea latte...which in fact was tea with steamed milk instead of coffee...I was extremely disappointed) and my friend bought a Pumpkin Spice Latte (which she enjoyed very much...as it was a real latte lol). 


For deserts, I got a fresh fruit tart while my friend enjoyed a mini lemon drop cupcake. The tart was absolutely delish, including the freshest raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, AND kiwi! The custard was a nice thick consistency and surprisingly the crust at the bottom was laced with a dark chocolate. This totally made up for the bum latte lol. 

Lastly, we took a few pictures of the pretty scenes there. My favorites that we came upon were the railroad tracks (which you can hear the train in the distance all throughout the night) as well as the lights that dazzle above customers during their nights out in the small town. 


For some reason, I always feel like railroad tracks are so inspirational. Especially in this picture, I feel that it shows where I am in life. I can see where I am now, assume that I am moving forward, but have no clue where I will end up! Lol it's kind of sad and poetic at the same time.


And then lastly, evidence to my addiction to lights! They are just so shiny, and for some reason also inspire me with their low-lit glow. 



As I made my way to the store that I worked at for the last time, I felt very nostalgic, especially towards the lush greenery that often greeted me in the mornings. I really did enjoy the long walks or bike rides to work and always appreciated the scenery. So, as a final goodbye and tribute, I decided to snap this quick photo. I think that it really represents California's diverse and unique green life that I have come to love and will miss dearly. 

Hope you all enjoyed this small dedication to my time in California,

And as always, Much love,

Sierra Anastasia

No comments:

Post a Comment